Wednesday 23 March 2011

Refining the diet....

As you know may know, I've been veggie since I was 12, vegan on and off for years, and managed 6 months 90% raw vegan last year. I felt amazing during the raw vegan stage and my weight levelled out, recovery improved, energy increased.  Then.... for a variety of reasons..... I fell off the wagon, much to my detriment.

So - I have decided to get myself back onto the RV wagon.  I've been reading up (re-reading Natalia Rose's books that inspired me last June) and getting to grips with Dr Doug Graham through his book "80/10/10" and I've committed myself to it for a minimum period of 28 days.  Once the 28 days are over, I'll see how I feel, but judging by my successes last year, I think I'll be good.  More and more endurance athletes are taking  up a vegan lifestyle, and more of them are refining it further to achieve raw vegan - with considerable success.


Evening Meal - HUGE and delicious!
 Anyway - thought I'd let you know as I'll be commenting on progress on here.  I'm giving it the full 28 days of no-cheating, 100% 811rv and I'll report back truthfully on all I experience.

For info - my food today has been:
Breakfast:  Smoothie made of 2 bananas, 1 pineapple, 100g blueberries (gorgeous!)
                 200g melon
Lunch:       4 bananas with 200g of strawberries
Snack:       200g red grapes
Tea:          Romaine lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and cucumber
Supper:     About 7pm I'm going to have a raspberry and mango smoothie.... can't wait!

Raspberry and Mango Smoothie - YUM!

I've easily achieve the 80/10/10 (80 is a MINIMUM for the carbs....) as it's currently coming in as about 90/6/4.  Not been hungry, and really enjoyed the taste of the food.  No cravings yet.......

No comments:

Post a Comment