Thursday 31 March 2011

Off the wagon....

7 perfect days (pretty much), really enjoying it, no hunger, no cravings then.... I fell off my wagon!  Annoyed at myself because I wasn't hungry or craving, I just chose to eat rubbish because I was feeling a bit down (lots going on at home, work etc) and was kind of punishing myself I think.  The fact I'd lost no weight at all made me want to sabotage the plan, but it's not particularly helpful in the long run!  Only good thing about it is that the foods I had tasted really fatty, creamy, rich and pretty horrible actually, so I've written it all down so that when I want or crave them in the future, I remember that they're not as lovely as I might think!

So, back on the wagon tomorrow as I want to try running this weekend on the 811rv system, or at least give it a go!  Friday I will eat lots of fruit to carb my body up, then I'm planning on keeping it simple at the weekend with just water, bananas and dates with some grapes in the car for the way home... nice and juicy!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

So - the weekend..... we've got about 6 weeks till Fellsman and 8 weeks till the 100 and I'm NO way fit enough to even get round, so it's important that we do the 2 days this weekend (body permitting).  It's 29 miles on Saturday at the Three Shires, then 23 miles on the Sunday at Blubberhouses.  I'm pleased the shorter one is on Sunday!  Saturday will be no problem, we'll get round, but we'll take it very steady (yes - even steadier than usual!) and aim to get round in one healthy piece so we can at least arrive at the start on Sunday.

Sunday's will just be a case of getting round, and I'm happy if we just walk/shuffle round as long as we get out and do it.  Fellsman in 62 miles, so we need to make sure we can do it even if we break it up over two days.  I've run 62 in one go and 70 over 2 days as well as 3-4 50 milers.  Rich has never gone over 31 miles, and he's never completed two long runs on consecutive days.... so this weekend is about getting round!

We'll be knackered on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment