Monday 28 March 2011

Day 6 of 811rv....

So, I'm on day 6, and I'd LOVE to say I haven't cheated.... but I did one day.  For no apparent reason (wasn't hungry, craving or anything) I decided to eat a biscuit.  On the upside, I ate only one (I can NEVER eat only one!) and afterwards I felt a bit strange, like I had an invader in my tummy!

Apart from that, all is well.  I'm not hungry at all (if I am, I eat fruit) and I'm eating 1300-1800 cals a day which is too low, but all I can manage volume-wise so far.  No cravings, in fact I've tried to tempt myself a few times and gone through the list.... chips, chocolate, cake, biscuits, crisps..... but nothing takes my fancy.  Again - highly unusual for me - I can talk myself into eating rubbish quite easily, but I genuinely don't fancy it!

Stress of mealtime options has gone, and it's just the excitement of which smoothie to eat today (melon & grapes = good, pear & kiwi = acidic and horrid!).  I've had a few mono meals - usually just bananas, just grapes, just melons etc, and my smoothies are usually just two fruits.  I'm loving my dates of an evening, just 50g as a 'treat' and so I can get my cals without the volume at night.

I'm hitting 90/5/5 everyday easily and I don't worry about it too much now.  I'm concentrating on fruit and not worrying about the greens too much as I settle in, but sometimes of an evening I feel munchy, and I go to the fridge and pull out all the cucumber, lettuce and cherry toms.... it's what I REALLY fancy!!  Strange, but nice.

On the downside, no more weightloss (NOT happy) so I'm still at 2lbs!!  Still, I can't possibly put weight on on this diet!!

5 comments:

  1. Deb, you WILL have to try to find me at the Housman 100, as this is the way I've been eating (ok, more or less) for the last year. I would love to hear then how it's still going for you. Congratulations on trying it, the empty stomach feeling takes some getting used to.

    One word of advice, as a fellow ultrarunner and woman, is that we are pre-disposed to iron-deficiency anemia. I just popped up anemic on a recent blood test by eating this way for a year. The key is to make sure you include iron-rich foods (which I hadn't been), there's a list of nutrition content in fruit and veg in Graham's Nutrition and Athletic Performance.

    My favorite meal is frozen banana smoothie with a bit of carob powder...makes it taste like a chocolate shake, I could eat those every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, I will definitely try tha banana smoothie with carob - I've got some at the back of the cupboard, so I've sorted tea for tomorrow night!

    I've seem your amazing physique on your blog, so if that's the 811rv result - fantastic!!

    Can you cast your mind back.... did you have weight gain/lack of weight loss at the start? I've never eaten this well and not lost, yet my weight is maintaining. I wouldn't mind, but I want it off before Fellsman!!

    Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I started this diet exactly a year ago after eating a SAD diet for my whole life (and wondering why I was tired and easily overtrained). I lost 20 pounds in 2 months, and since then have maintained my weight. As far as how to lose weight, it takes willpower. I did 3 day juice fasts a couple of times just to breakthough to new levels, and basically just got used to feeling hungry. I haven't found that eating only fruit is very comfortable for me. I combined Natalia Rose's books with Graham's, and found a system that works for me. I dont' want to eat 16 bananas at one time...when 3 or 4 will do...Graham gears his writing to men's calory needs, I think.

    Mostly I try to eat light to heavy each day, and limit my intake of anything but raw fruits and veggies. It's a struggle, but I am after something I can live with for the rest of my life, not just for a few days or a month. I also want to enjoy life and have a flapjack if I want one during a race. I think I've found that for me.

    However, before a big race, like the 100, I would like to get down to my lightest weight, which might take a few weeks of denial and careful eating to acheive. Once I get there, then I think I will maintain that new weight level as well. Best advice...just experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I've come to 811 from Natalia Rose, and when I started with the NR way of eating I lost a stone in a month. Maybe it's the bananas? I didn't eat many on NR, but on 811 I'm getting about 5-7 over the course of a day (I can't do more than that... I'd explode!). I've been eating as and when I'm hungry, and not trying to stuff a loas of fruit down when I don't really want it!

    Like you, I want to combine the two to create a working solution for me. I may go back to NR again till the weight is gone, and then work towards 811 from there.

    I certainly feel better and have no hunger or cravings with this fruit lark! I was afraid to eat just fruit before, but after reading Dr Doug's 811 book and his nutrition book, it's almost like I've been given permission to do what I want to do... which is eat a lot of fruit! I've avoided before cos of too many cals etc... ridiculous really!

    Again, like you, I want to be eating 811 light to heavy the majority of the time, but if we're out for an anniversary meal, or I'm hungry on a run, I won't beat myself up for having something off plan..... life is to be lived afterall!

    Again, like you (crikey - sounds familiar) I want to be my lightest for the Housman. I remained most of last year at 8stone 10 and I'd like to be 8st3 - 8st5 and stay there the majority of the time.... so that's my aim for end of May - I've got some work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, i know you haven't posted anything for a while. Have you stuck with the 811rv diet? I have been doing it a week now and love it. I eat when i am hungry and eat as much as i can until i am satisfied. I have lost 5lbs and feel amazing. Let me know how your doing with it.

    ReplyDelete