Friday 25 March 2011

Day Three of 811rv

I'm feeling good!  No cravings, no hunger, no problems.  I'm drinking a lot more water than I thought I would (considering I've upped my fruit and veg considerably) but apparently this can be due to the amount of bananas I'm eating - my body hasn't caught up with me yet!  Dr Doug Graham's other book arrived yesterday "Nutrition and Athletic Performance" which is much more tailored to me and what I want from the diet.  I read it in 2 hours, but I LOVED it!  Lots of ideas (and help on the forum too) regarding what I can take with me on long runs etc.

I'm struggling to eat enough cals (never thought I'd say that!) but the ratio is easy.  I'm nearing 90/5/5 rather than 80/10/10 which is not an issue!  I had a few dates last night to add some extra cals, but even then I only got 1200 down my neck!  I'm trying harder today!

So far I've eaten a whole watermelon (half as a fruit, and half blended to make a smoothie) and I've got 5 bananas chopped up for my lunch.  I should be aiming for about 8-10 really, but I'll have to work up towards that.  My body feels light, I've lost 2lbs and 1.2% body fat - but I'm not doing this for weightloss, it's health and athleticism I'm working towards. 

I've not been hungry, but the first night I felt 'empty' like I needed something heavy in my tummy.  Conversely, it's the LAST thing I need in my tummy, but it's all about retraining the mind - my body is MORE than happy with the nutritional change!

So - all good.  I'm learning more from the forums and reading and re-reading Dr Doug's two books.  I'm LOVING my home-made smoothies - a particular favourite being frozen melon with red grapes.....pure nectar!

Melon and red grape smoothie - LUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment