Wednesday 8 December 2010

Yay - Swimming

Finished work late, but managed to get home, get changed and get back out to the pool for half five.  It was positively crowded today - me, Rich and two women.... fab!  Did half an hour.  Did several lengths leisurely freestyle, then a few concentrating on my core muscles and my arms/shoulders.  Tried to pull myself through the water using those, rather than my legs. 

It's only from doing core training that I noticed how much I use my core in running, and ergo how much better my running got with a strengthened core.  This is also the reason why I have started with the boxing training and kettlebells!

The only problem with swimming is that it makes me munchy - at least with a run I don't feel like eating!!  Got boxing tomorrow night, but before then I need to spend the evening writing my speech for my best mate's wedding on Sunday!  It's all go!

No comments:

Post a Comment