Tuesday 28 December 2010

Piggin' Flu!

Well... we've had the snow, the bereavement (complete with funeral on Christmas Eve) and now I have swine flu!

It started with sickness and the runs, became a pounding head and a HUGE temperature, followed by more headaches, sore throat and then a full blown cold.  It's forced me to my bed for days at a time and seems never-ending.

So - December really WAS the month of rest!!  I've still got a chest infection, so doubt I'll be running now until the Hangover Challenge on 1st Jan.  Then the events start coming thick and fast.  But there's no point me struggling to get out now and making myself worse - the extra few days of recovery will mean that hopefully I WILL make it out on the 1st, and get myself in some sort of fitness for the 90 miler at the end of Jan!!  I'll do it... it just may be very very slow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment