Tuesday 7 December 2010

Bambi on Ice...

Well, Tuesday is run day, but there's not a 'snowball's chance in hell' (!) of that happening.  The temperature is still hovering around about -3 degrees and the pavements are covered in snow that has compacted and frozen into an ice-rink worthy of Times Square.  The estate roads aren't any better either, and I don't much fancy dodging the Bolton drivers on their way home from work.  In addition, my little black dog, Mouse, has had an abcessed tooth out tonight, so the little beastie needs some TLC.  We saw a mad man out running on the way back from the vets, but I swear he had his track spikes on!

The problem with not being able to train is monitoring the old food intake!  Boredom makes me munchy, whereas exercise helps suppress my appetite.  I don't mind eating when I am exercising, but I don't want to go putting any weight on now due to the weather!  My ideal race weight is about 8st7 - 8st10 (119-122lbs), so I try to keep myself around about there.... not easy when there's tins of Christmas biscuits lying in wait to tempt me at work!!  Still, I will try to stay strong!!  At least I have swimming and boxing to look forward to over the next two days and a 20 mile long distance walk on Saturday.... bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment