Saturday 19 February 2011

Drowning the tonsillitis in wine.....

....unorthodox medication, but it seems to have worked!

Went back to work on Friday and left early to go to a funeral up in Carlisle.  It was a lovely service, a real celebration of the lady's life.  Then I met up with some friends, went for a curry and stopped in 'for one' at my local.  The 'one' ended up being many many more and I finally staggered to bed about midnight.

Woke up this morning with a dry mouth, sore lips.... but no tonsillitis!  I think I must've disinfected them with the alcohol....or drowned them.... but either way they feel much better. 

I'll run tomorrow (it's only local and a short one - 21 miles - but it is quite hilly).  I'll try out my new nutrition to see how I get on.  Worth a try.  I just hope I can get over my hangover by then. I'm really far too old to go out drinking.  I think it's because I do it so rarely now, that I get so affected by it!

Roclite™ 288 GTX®Went to Ambleside on the way home (Kirkstone Pass was impassable due to snow and ice - not a great omen for tomorrow, AND a 26 mile detour for me) and got a nice lightweight pair of Inov8 Roclite boots (see picture left) for the GR5 this year.  They only weigh 288g and seem perfect!  Waterproof too.....fantastic!  Even better, they were half price (£60 instead of £120) so we both got a pair.... Just a shame that we'll be walking the Alps with matching shoes.....oh the shame!  Last year I walked in a lightweight leather pair, but they were a bit heavy - these are like wearing flip-flops!

Right - off to rest up now ready for the run tomorrow... race report and photos to follow.  Weather looks ok till about 2pm when the rain will be coming in.  Hope to be almost home by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment