Friday 11 February 2011

Cleanse results....

Apologies for not blogging, but I've not had a lot to say!  I have been cleansing (see last blog if you have no idea what I'm talking about) which means that exercise has been out the window.....which has been great for my niggly ankle - it's had extra time to recover!

Cleanse was a HUGE success.  I didn't feel hungry, slept fantastically and had lots of energy (not to run - but to get through the day!).  I lost 13lbs in 11 days, which is pretty much all the Xmas weight gone.  So today I've been back onto food - just fruit and veg to start with - and everything tastes really delicious and strongly flavoured.

Tomorrow it's the Anglezarke Amble run by West Lancs LDWA.  It's a local one for us, so not too early a start.  We need to leave the house at 7am, so I'll be up about half five to get porridge down me, food packed, kit sorted etc.  I'll take my camera again!  It's a 24 miler and quite hilly.  We walked it last year in 8hrs 6 mins (it was Rich's first ever walk of a distance like this) so we're looking forward to running it this year.

I know I am fairly depleted from the cleanse, so I'll take it steady as ever.  My legs don't feel the strongest and it's pretty hilly, so we'll pace up and trot down.  The rain has been horrendous, and I remember a lot of bog-trotting last year, so this year will be a quagmire.  Weather is set for lots more rain overnight followed by a bright 7ish degree dry day tomorrow....perfect running weather!

After the run we have to rush back because we've got to get over to Leeds for Rich's work 'do'.  My main panic is that I won't be able to wear my recovery tights because I'm wearing a dress! 

Anyway, I will report back on Sunday about the run and I'll include some photos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment