Thursday 20 January 2011

Packed and ready to go.....

As it says in the title, I'm packed and ready to go.  Anything I've forgotten is just tough luck because there's no more room in my already HUGE bag!  Two sets of run kit, two pairs of trainers, blister kits, first aid kits, recovery kit and recovery tights, wash stuff, casual stuff.... to be honest, I take less when I go on holiday for a fortnight!

Everyone on the UltraRace forum are getting excited too... so that's fun.  I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and having chats over breakfast and dinner... I doubt we'll have much breath for chats on the run!

Weather looking good - cool (about 4 degrees) but dry.  So, perfect really!  Ice would be a nightmare, especially with my track record of falls and the close proximity of the canal(!).  I've been eating up today and will do so tomorrow too.... I think this is the best bit about these runs... eating and no exercise.... shame you have to then pay for it with a 90 mile run..... hmm......

Good news of the day.... got the Tandem Results - we finished 37th team out of 79 starters - 8 teams didn't finish.  Chuffed to bits considering the awful conditions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment