Tuesday 11 January 2011

Eating for England....

Well, I have my appetite back - well and truly!  Am eating the entire contents of all the cupboards.  I know I need to stock up for the 90 miler, but this is a bit ridiculous!  I like to keep my weight about 8st 10lbs, but I am in excess of this at present and need to claw it back.  Hmmm.... where's that salad!

Achilles update - all seems well.  Left one is PERFECT and the right one was a little sore after the run, but only to the touch - it doesn't appear to be a strain, pull or tear.  So that's very positive indeed!

Sent my entry off for High Peak 40 in September, and got confirmation through for the Three Shires in March.  All thoughts are currently turning to the Ultra Race 90 (2 day stage race) which is my next race (Northampton to Tring (45 miles) then back again the next day) on 22/23rd Jan.  Got accommodation and room share sorted, just trying to sort logistics now re getting there on the Friday night.  Worst will be driving home on the Sunday after 90 miles of running.... a 3 hour drive, bed, then work in the morning!  Lordy Lordy!!  Lots of good banter on the Ultra Race forum, so will be good fun, and will be great to meet other (stupid) runners!!

Legs still feel fine, and my bruises are HUGE and classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment