Saturday 12 March 2011

'Ell and Back tomorrow...... can't wait!

Well, I've certainly not been well this week!  Gastro-enteritis is going around work and a few of us have had it.  I even had to leave early on Thursday because I wasn't in any state to be staying around!  I couldn't manage solid food for two days, but luckily my smoothies got me through.  I'm still feeling a bit rubbish, but alot better than I have been.  No doubt this will affect my energy levels tomorrow, but Ii don't want to load up today and risk upsetting my tummy again!  I made the most gorgeous smoothie today - 550g pineapple, 2 bananas (frozen) and a nectarine - makes about a litre of pure heaven.

Went for a walk with the dogs up Rivington again whilst Rich rode his MTB.  Very foggy up there, but nice to be out despite the bitter wind.  Walked the usual route, but my calves were sore up the first hill.  My left knee is also playing up a bit. It's been painful this week (I blame that road run last weekend entirely... not had knee issues for ages) even when resting, so I'm hoping I'll run it off tomorrow.

Rich knows bits of the route and, with the wet weather due tonight, it's going to be pretty boggy.  This won't be so bad for us if we're suffering a bit on our knees - the softer the better.  Weather for tomorrow shows rain clearing by 9 (we start at 8) followed by cool, but dry, weather for the rest of the day.  Perfect.

There is only food at the halfway (15 mile) point, so we're having to carry.  I'm taking 2 beakers of smoothie with chia, 2 cartons of soya milk, a pack of Hobnobs (vegan - provided you don't have the chocolate ones!) or gingers and a couple of packs of ready salted crisps.  We'll eat at the halfway point if there is anything decent, but I need to carry something for me that I know I can stomach!  Rich will eat anything.....

So - early to bed as we're setting off at 6.45, so a 5.30 get up so I can walk the dogs etc.  Looking forward to it - feels like AGES... although it's actually only a fortnight.  I get so used to running every weekend that it feels like a long time in between if I have to miss one!  No badge tomorrow (boo!) just a certificate.  I'm hoping for good weather for some good photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment